We’re very excited to share the news that STEAM Academy received a Bronze Award from the Ohio Department of Education and PBIS Network for creating a school environment that is positive, predictable, safe, and equitable.
STEAM Academy implements a PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports) framework to support students with positive behavior and academic outcomes.
This program is evidence-based to:
- Reduce challenging behavior
- Increase academic performance
- Improve perception of safety
- Reduce bullying behaviors
- Improve social-emotional competence
- Increase positive school climate & culture
Congratulations to STEAM Academy students and staff!
Learn more about PBIS for Families: https://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Student-Supports/Ohio-PBIS/PBIS-for-Families